If you’re traveling to Shanghai for ABACE2012, you’ll need a visa to attend the show – follow the steps below to ensure you have your visa.
- Determine whether or not you need a Visa Invitation Letter. Some ABACE2012 Attendees will be required by the governments of their home countries to have a visa invitation letter from a Chinese entity in order to acquire a visa for attending the show. You should contact the Chinese consulate in your region to determine whether you need the invitation letter. If you do need a visa invitation letter, here’s what you should do:
- Download, complete and send the ABACE2012 Visa Invitation Letter Request form, along with a copy of your passport, to [email protected] or via fax to +1 (202) 862-5552 by February 29, 2012.
- Your Visa Invitation Letter Request and passport will be used to facilitate the visa application procedure; however, NBAA will not be in a position to intervene on any decision taken by the Chinese authorities in response to the submission of your materials. In addition, please be advised that all ABACE Attendees must comply with Chinese laws and regulations during their stay in China, and that they may not engage in activities which are unlawful, or might damage China’s national security or public interests. Attendees from foreign countries must be responsible for all their own costs while in China, and must be willing to bear the legal and economic responsibilities associated with their actions.
- NBAA will coordinate the information you send and forward it on to the appropriate Chinese authorities, who will then issue the ABACE invitation letter. The invitation letter will be sent to you via e-mail or fax.
- Note: The passport you use to request your invitation letter must be valid for at least six months after the date of your arrival in China, and it will take approximately seven to 10 business days for processing the Visa invitation letter. The processing fee to obtain an invitation letter from the Chinese authorities is U.S. $25.00 per person. Your credit card will be charged for this fee.
- Secure your visa. Submit your visa invitation letter along with your visa request, and any required visa processing fees to the Chinese consulate in your region.